We work more efficiently and with higher moral when we feel good at work and being comfortable is paramount. It isn’t always necessarily for expensive ergonomic assessments and state of the art furniture; the first step is to become aware of how you are sitting and ask “Do changes need to be made in order to achieve a posture which causes you minimal strain?”
Why would you need About Backs & Bones?
We become ingrained throughout our lives in adopting certain postures. After a while, it can become very difficult to change as muscles and joints tighten. Osteopathy stretches tight muscles and helps you to strengthen those which have weakened; relieving pain and helping you naturally achieve a more efficient working posture.
Poor posture causes tiredness as your body uses energy to bring you back into line over your centre of gravity. It also makes you more likely to develop muscle or joint strain such as:
- ‘Mouse arm’/wrist
- Tendon strains eg tendonitis, tenosynovitis
- Muscle strain in neck/shoulders/back/arms
- Trigger point (tight knot) referral pain from tight muscles
- Disc protrusions in the neck causing nerve pain radiating to the arms
- Tennis elbow/golfers elbow
- Neck or back pain due to joint restrictions
- ‘Frozen’ shoulders
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Headaches; from tight muscles or neck joint restrictions
Did you know?
Muscle and joint pain led to:
- 1 in 4 adults suffering with a muscle or joint strain
- 12.3 million lost working days
- Annual cost to employers: £590 – £624 million
- Up to 30% of GP consultations
- Most common reason for repeat consultations
- Second largest group (22%) on incapacity benefit (Occupational Health Statistics Bulletin. Health & Safety Executive, 2004/5, Musculoskeletal Services Framework. Department of Health, 2006)
The Bigger Picture
The Government’s long term aim is to reduce these statistics by ensuring early intervention and prevention, having a multi-disciplinary approach and early return to work (Musculoskeletal Services Framework. Department of Health, 2006).
About Backs and Bones is an excellent example of such a service. We deliver professional care, delivered by a multi-disciplinary team committed to prevention of injuries and early return to work as well as long-term health.
Our experience in nursing, chiropractic, osteopathic, physiotherapy and massage techniques deliver a range of treatments to alleviate muscle and joint pain. Combined this with our 4-6 year BSc training, leading to statutory regulation and registration with the General Osteopathic Council, reassuring you of our professional standing.
See why there has been a 25% growth in osteopathic treatment in the last 5 years (GOsC Snapshot Survey 2001), and why all major Private Health Insurers approve osteopaths.
Try our FREE taster assessment session at work so you see how About Backs & Bones can show you how to help yourself feel more comfortable – so you can get on with the job in hand.
If you like how you feel and want your work collegues to also feel good – ask us about our 20% discount.
(businesses with over 5 employees attending assessment only)
Call 01332 553332